Splatoon 2 is a popular multiplayer game that has taken the world by storm. One of the key aspects of the game is the customization of the player’s avatar, including the type of goggles they wear. With a wide variety of goggles to choose from, each with their own unique style and abilities, players can tailor their avatar to suit their playstyle. In this article, we will explore the different types of goggles available in Splatoon 2 and what they offer to players. So, get ready to dive into the world of Splatoon 2 and discover the exciting options for goggles that will enhance your gameplay experience.
In Splatoon 2, players can wear different types of goggles that provide various benefits. The types of goggles include basic goggles, which have no special abilities, and special goggles, which provide special abilities such as increased movement speed or the ability to see through walls. Some special goggles also have unique visual effects, such as changing the color of the player’s ink or adding a motion blur effect. The type of goggles a player wears can affect their gameplay experience and may be chosen based on personal preference or strategy.
Types of Goggles in Splatoon 2
- Provide complete eye protection: Closed goggles in Splatoon 2 offer a high level of protection for the eyes of the players. The goggles have a tight fit around the eyes, which prevents any kind of external debris or paint from entering and damaging the eyes. This feature ensures that the players can focus on the game without any worry of getting injured.
- Limited peripheral vision: One of the main drawbacks of closed goggles is that they offer limited peripheral vision. The goggles have a narrow field of view, which can restrict the player’s ability to see their surroundings. This can make it difficult for players to spot enemies or obstacles that are outside of their direct line of sight.
- Can enhance contrast: Closed goggles in Splatoon 2 also have the ability to enhance contrast. This feature can help players see their surroundings more clearly, especially in low-light conditions. The enhanced contrast can give players an advantage in the game by making it easier to see their opponents and avoid being hit.
- Players who prioritize protection and enhanced vision: Closed goggles are recommended for players who want to protect their eyes from paint and other debris while playing the game. The goggles offer a high level of protection, which can be particularly useful for players who tend to get hit frequently.
- Players who prefer a more aggressive playstyle: Closed goggles are also recommended for players who prefer a more aggressive playstyle. The enhanced contrast feature can give players an advantage in the game by making it easier to see their opponents and take them out more quickly. This can be particularly useful for players who prefer to take a more aggressive approach to the game.
- Peripheral Vision: Open goggles allow for better visibility of the player’s surroundings, enabling them to see enemies and obstacles from different angles.
- Depth Perception: Open goggles may enhance the player’s ability to judge distances and depth, providing a better understanding of the terrain and positioning of teammates and opponents.
- Situational Awareness: Open goggles may provide better situational awareness by offering a broader field of view, which can be especially helpful in open environments or when moving quickly.
- Defensive Playstyle: Players who prioritize situational awareness and a more defensive playstyle can benefit from open goggles, as they provide better visibility of the battlefield, allowing for quicker reaction times and better positioning.
- Stealth: Open goggles may also be recommended for players who want to maintain a level of stealth, as they provide better visibility without compromising on situational awareness. However, it is important to note that open goggles may not offer the same level of concealment as other types of goggles, and players may need to be more cautious when using them.
- Change the color of the goggles lens
- May affect the visibility of ink
May provide additional camouflage
Players who want to blend in with their surroundings
- Players who want to add an element of surprise to their playstyle
Tinted Goggles are a popular choice among Splatoon 2 players, as they offer a unique advantage in terms of gameplay. These goggles feature a colored lens that can be changed to match the player’s preferences or in-game strategy.
One of the key features of tinted goggles is their ability to change the color of the goggles lens. This allows players to choose a color that best suits their needs, whether it be for camouflage or to blend in with their surroundings. Additionally, the color of the lens may also affect the visibility of ink, which can be helpful in certain situations.
However, it’s important to note that the color of the lens may also affect the player’s visibility. In some cases, the tinted lens may make it more difficult to see opponents or obstacles, which can be a disadvantage in certain situations.
Furthermore, tinted goggles may also provide an additional element of camouflage. By wearing goggles that match the color of their surroundings, players can make it more difficult for opponents to spot them, giving them an advantage in combat.
Overall, tinted goggles are recommended for players who want to blend in with their surroundings or add an element of surprise to their playstyle. They offer a unique advantage that can’t be found with other types of goggles, making them a popular choice among Splatoon 2 players.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Goggles
Aggressive vs. Defensive
- Aggressive: Closed goggles for enhanced vision and protection
- Closed goggles provide a clear, unobstructed view of the battlefield, which is particularly useful for players who prefer to engage in intense combat and take out enemies quickly. These goggles are ideal for those who prioritize accuracy and precision in their gameplay, as they offer better target acquisition and tracking.
- Defensive: Open goggles for situational awareness
- Open goggles allow players to keep a wider field of view, making it easier to keep track of their surroundings and spot incoming threats. This is especially beneficial for players who prioritize defense and survival, as they can quickly react to any changes in the battlefield and coordinate with their teammates. Open goggles also provide better visibility for navigating the map and finding cover.
Stealth vs. Camouflage
- Stealth: Open goggles for better situational awareness
- Stealth players often rely on speed and agility to outmaneuver their opponents. Open goggles allow them to maintain a high level of situational awareness, as they can easily spot enemies and obstacles while moving quickly through the map. These goggles also provide better visibility for scouting and recon missions, allowing stealth players to gather valuable intel without being detected.
- Camouflage: Tinted goggles for blending in with surroundings
- Camouflage players typically focus on blending in with their surroundings and staying hidden from enemy fire. Tinted goggles help them achieve this by providing a more natural, muted view of the map, making it easier to blend in with the environment. These goggles also offer some protection from enemy fire, as they provide a degree of concealment and reduce the impact of enemy attacks.
- Bright environments: In bright environments, players often opt for tinted goggles. These goggles are designed to help players blend in with their surroundings by providing added camouflage. This can be especially useful in outdoor environments where players need to hide from enemies or avoid being seen by the opposing team.
- Low-light environments: In low-light environments, players often choose closed goggles to enhance their vision. These goggles provide a clear, unobstructed view of the game environment, allowing players to see their enemies more clearly and respond to changing situations quickly. Closed goggles are particularly useful in indoor environments where lighting can be limited, such as in the game’s tower-themed maps.
- Ink of the same color: When the ink on the ground is the same color as the goggles, players often choose tinted goggles to help them blend in with their surroundings. This can make it more difficult for enemies to spot them and can give players an advantage in close-quarters combat.
- Ink of a different color: When the ink on the ground is a different color than the goggles, players often choose open goggles to help them stay aware of their surroundings. This can help players spot enemies more easily and respond to changing situations more quickly. Open goggles are particularly useful in situations where players need to navigate through different colored ink, such as in the game’s city-themed maps.
Tips for Using Goggles Effectively
Practice using different types of goggles
One of the most important things for Splatoon 2 players to do is to practice using different types of goggles. By trying out different types of goggles in different situations, players can find the type of goggles that work best for their playstyle.
For example, some players may prefer to use goggles that allow them to see a wider range of colors, while others may prefer goggles that enhance their night vision. Experimenting with different types of goggles can help players find the best goggles for their needs.
It’s also important to note that different types of goggles may work better in different game modes. For example, in the “Tower Control” mode, players may benefit from using goggles that enhance their aim, while in the “Rainmaker” mode, players may benefit from using goggles that improve their mobility.
Additionally, players should consider their personal preferences when choosing goggles. Some players may prefer goggles that are more comfortable to wear, while others may prioritize goggles that offer better protection. By trying out different types of goggles, players can find the perfect pair that suits their needs and preferences.
In conclusion, practicing using different types of goggles is essential for Splatoon 2 players who want to improve their gameplay. By experimenting with different types of goggles, players can find the best pair that suits their playstyle, game mode, and personal preferences.
Adjust goggles during the game
One of the key strategies in Splatoon 2 is the effective use of goggles. These goggles allow players to see their surroundings and enemies more clearly, giving them an advantage in battle. However, the lighting conditions and ink colors can change quickly during a match, and players need to be able to adjust their goggles accordingly. Here are some tips for adjusting goggles during the game:
Adjust goggles to match the lighting conditions or ink colors
During a match, the lighting conditions can change rapidly, especially when using certain special weapons. For example, the “Inkjet” special weapon shoots a stream of ink that changes the color of the ground and surrounding walls. When this happens, players need to quickly adjust their goggles to match the new color scheme. Failure to do so can result in a disadvantage, as it can be difficult to see enemies and obstacles that are the same color as the background.
Switch to a different type of goggles if needed
In addition to adjusting the color of the goggles, players may also need to switch to a different type of goggles depending on the situation. For example, if a player is using a special weapon that creates a lot of ink splatters, they may want to switch to a type of goggles that has a higher resistance to ink splatters. This will help prevent the goggles from fogging up and impairing their vision.
Players should also consider switching to a different type of goggles if they are having trouble seeing enemies or obstacles. For example, if a player is using goggles with a narrow field of view, they may have trouble seeing enemies that are far away or on the other side of a wall. In this case, switching to a type of goggles with a wider field of view may be beneficial.
Overall, adjusting goggles during the game is an important strategy for Splatoon 2 players. By quickly adapting to changing lighting conditions and ink colors, and switching to a different type of goggles when necessary, players can gain a significant advantage in battle.
Communicate with teammates
In order to make the most out of the goggles in Splatoon 2, it is important to communicate with your teammates. This is especially true if you are playing with a group of people who you have never played with before. Here are some tips for communicating with your teammates while wearing goggles in Splatoon 2:
- Share information about goggles with teammates: Before the match starts, it is important to let your teammates know what type of goggles you are wearing. This will help them understand your perspective and make it easier for them to coordinate with you during the match. You can share this information by typing it into the chat or by verbally communicating with your teammates through your microphone.
- Coordinate with teammates to use the same type of goggles for better communication and coordination: If you and your teammates are all wearing the same type of goggles, it will be much easier for you to communicate and coordinate with each other during the match. This is especially true if you are all wearing goggles that have similar features, such as night vision or thermal imaging. By coordinating with your teammates to use the same type of goggles, you will be able to work together more effectively and increase your chances of winning the match.
1. What is Splatoon 2?
Splatoon 2 is a popular online multiplayer game developed and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo Switch platform. The game involves players engaging in paint battles using various weapons, including goggles.
2. What are goggles in Splatoon 2?
Goggles are a type of weapon in Splatoon 2 that are worn on the player’s head. They allow the player to swim in ink and move faster on it. Additionally, they can also be used to attack opponents by splashing ink on them.
3. What are the different types of goggles in Splatoon 2?
There are several types of goggles in Splatoon 2, each with their own unique abilities and stats. Some examples include the basic goggles, which provide a balanced set of abilities, and special goggles, which have more powerful abilities but also come with their own set of limitations.
4. How do players obtain different types of goggles in Splatoon 2?
Players can obtain different types of goggles in Splatoon 2 by completing various missions and challenges, or by purchasing them from the in-game shop using real money or in-game currency.
5. Can players customize the appearance of their goggles in Splatoon 2?
Yes, players can customize the appearance of their goggles in Splatoon 2 by selecting different colors and patterns for the various parts of the goggles. This allows players to personalize their character and stand out from other players.
6. Are there any benefits to wearing certain types of goggles in Splatoon 2?
Yes, different types of goggles in Splatoon 2 have different abilities and stats that can give players an advantage in battle. For example, some goggles may allow players to move faster or aim more accurately, while others may provide better protection against enemy attacks.
7. Can players use any type of goggles in any game mode in Splatoon 2?
No, some types of goggles in Splatoon 2 may be more effective in certain game modes than others. For example, goggles that provide faster movement may be more useful in modes that require players to cover a lot of ground quickly, while goggles with more powerful attacks may be more useful in modes that focus on close-quarters combat.
8. Can players share their goggles with other players in Splatoon 2?
No, players cannot share their goggles with other players in Splatoon 2. Each player must earn their own goggles and customize them to their liking. However, players can view and admire the goggles of other players in the game’s lobby area.